In response to COVID-19, Yarra Oncology has transitioned many of our patient appointments to phone-based appointments, or ‘telehealth’. These measures prevent the spread of the COVID-19 and reduce the risk to our patients and staff.
- Our doctors will call you as close to your scheduled appointment time as possible. Please do not attend the clinic unless you are expressly asked to by your doctor or Yarra Oncology staff. Please continue to respond to SMS prompts with YES to confirm your appointment.
- Some patients will attend Yarra Oncology in person. Our staff will advise if this requirement applies to you.
- Do not attend the Yarra Oncology clinic if you or anyone accompanying you are experiencing any COVID-19 symptoms, including a sore throat, runny nose, cough, fever or difficulty breathing. Contact the clinic to advise of the symptoms and find out what you should do next.
- On arrival in the Yarra Oncology carpark, please remain in your car and call our reception team on 03 9870 0079. We will ask you a series of questions to screen you and any person accompanying for COVID-19.
- When your doctor is ready, we will call you and ask you and one accompanying visitor to approach the clinic, where your temperature will be screened at the door. If you register a high temperature, we will ask you to return to your vehicle immediately.
- In keeping with social distancing measures, please maintain a 1.5 metre distance from any individual within the Yarra Oncology clinic. A limit of one accompanying person only applies to all patient visits.
- Payment for consults is possible via card only.
- On 13 March 2020, new telehealth Medicare item numbers were been made available to help reduce the risk of community transmission of COVID-19 and provide protection for patients and health care providers. As of 20 April 2020, specialist and allied health service providers were no longer required to bulk bill these new telehealth items. As of 1 July 2020, Yarra Oncology will revert to our standard consult fees. Please do not hesitate to contact us to discuss the fees that relate to your individual consultation.
We understand this is a complex time and appreciate your cooperation in our collective efforts to protect Yarra Oncology patients. Please do not hesitate to contact the clinic on 03 9870 0079 to discuss these measures.