Dr Prasad Cooray is an Australian trained and qualified Medical Oncologist.
Dr Cooray is a general oncologist with sub-speciality interest in the treatment of oesophageal, gastric, colon, rectal,
pancreatic and liver and biliary system cancers.
Dr Prasad Cooray is a graduate of Monash University (MBBS Hons) and spent an additional undergraduate year in laboratory
based research leading to B Med Sci (Hons) degree,
winning the undergraduate research award and leading to a number of publications on tyrosine kinase function.
He completed speciality training in Peter MacCallum Cancer Centre, The Austin and Alfred Hospitals.
Dr Prasad Cooray is actively involved in cancer clinical trials as a principle and co-investigator at Eastern Health, Box Hill Campus.
He participates in weekly multidisciplinary team meetings that make treatment decisions on the management of complex gastrointestinal,
pancreatic and hepato-biliary cancers.
Dr Prasad Cooray has dedicated his practice and training to deliver excellence in cancer care with respect and compassion.
He is a founding and board member of the John Logan Cancer Treatment Foundation which has financially assisted hundreds of patients with
gastrointestinal cancers to receive treatments otherwise unaffordable or unavailable on the PBS.
Cancer Management Expertise
- appropriate use of novel biological agents
- expertise with novel chemotherapy and supportive therapies
- complex medical problems
- expertise in the management and coordination of care
- clinical trial participation
- multidisciplinary team meeting participation
- post-treatment surveillance
- Royal Australasian College of Physicians (RACP)
- Medical Oncology Group of Australasia (MOGA)
- Australian Medical Association (AMA)
- Australasian Gastro‐Intestinal Trials Group (AGITG)
- American Society of Clinical Oncology (ASCO)
- European Society of Medical Oncology (ESMO)
- American Association for Cancer Research (AACR)
- Yarra Oncology, Ringwood East
- Eastern Health, Box Hill Hospital
- Ringwood Private Hospital, Ringwood East
- Knox Private Hospital, Wantirna
- Epworth Eastern, Box Hill